Qualified Swedish teacher (parental leave cover)
Internationella Engelska Skolan (IES) is a leading independent school group ("friskola") with academic results far above average and a diverse and energetic staff. Teaching is through both Swedish and English, with English the language of the corridors. IES is one of Sweden's largest school groups at "Grundskolan" with 36 schools and around 25,600 students across the country. IES has grown steadily and maintained quality since 1993.
More about the company and its schools can be found at www.engelska.se
Internationella Engelska Skolan Enskede is now seeking a qualified Swedish teacher to join our fantastic working environment in Middle school (ages 12-16) full time starting in August 2019 until June 2020 (parental leave cover). This is your opportunity to work at our founding school in an international environment with a productive and encouraging team.
We require lärarlegitimation or if internationally qualified, a current teaching license/registration plus a Bachelors degree and teaching qualification.We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive, committed and cooperative team-player, willing to go the extra mile for students and colleagues. In addition to teaching meaningful and enjoyable lessons, all staff are expected to be well organised, take pride in their mentorship and other school duties and be outstanding role models for our students.
Main duties include:
• Monitor progress and effectiveness of class work and evaluate and modify as necessary
• Provide a stimulating classroom environment for effective teaching and learning
• Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom
• Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of students
• Maintain good order and discipline among students, in accordance with the school’s behaviour policies
• Mentorship of 16 students is included in this position as well.
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, mark your application with "Swedish teacher". Interviews will be held on an on-going basis. We recommend that you send in your application as soon as possible.