Internationella Engelska Skolan (IES) is a leading independent school group ("friskola") with academic results far above average and a diverse and energetic staff. Teaching is through both Swedish and English, with English the language of the corridors. IES is one of Sweden's largest school groups at "Grundskolan" with 36 schools and around 25,600 students across the country. IES has grown steadily and maintained quality since 1993.
More about the company and its schools can be found at www.engelska.se
Internationella Engelska Skolan is the largest free school organization in Sweden, with many schools across the country. The school is bilingual with instructions in both Swedish and English.
We are now looking for:
- A licensed teacher qualified to teach Art in grades 4-9 to join our team in August 2019. Mentoring for 16 students is included in the position.
- We require lärarlegitimation or if internationally qualified, a current teaching license/registration plus a Bachelors degree and a teaching qualification. (ESL qualifications such as TEFL are not applicable)
- Preferably a native English speaker
- You will follow the Swedish national curriculum.
- Enthusiastic and motivated team player who is positive and cooperative. In addition to teaching meaningful and enjoyable lessons, all staff are expected to be well organised, take pride in their mentorship and other school duties and be good role models for our students.
Internationella Engelska Skolan Västerås is a school for grades 4-9 with 768 students and 85 staff. We offer a calm learning environment where teachers can teach and students can learn. We are a multicultural school with staff and students from all over the world, bringing interesting knowledge and experience into the school.
Here is the opportunity to work in an international and stimulating environment where dedication, professionalism and the English language is the common denominator. The academic expectations are high and we attempt to create a quiet environment where conditions for teaching and learning are good.
For more information about our school please see www.vasteras.engelska.se
To apply email your C.V and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be marked with the subject Wood/Metal teacher.
We look forward to your application and ask you to attach your teacher certification to your application.
A background check from the police register is a requirement for work in a school and such control will be made in connection with your employment.
Interviews will be ongoing.