Teacher, Art, Ages 10 - 15
Internationella Engelska Skolan (IES) is a leading independent school group ("friskola") with academic results far above average and a diverse and energetic staff. Teaching is through both Swedish and English, with English the language of the corridors. IES is one of Sweden's largest school groups at "Grundskolan" with 36 schools and around 25,600 students across the country. IES has grown steadily and maintained quality since 1993.
More about the company and its schools can be found at www.engelska.se
Internationella Engelska Skolan Uppsala is seeking a qualified Art teacher to join our team in August 2019. This is a 100% position, permanent with 6 months probation.
We require lärarlegitimation or if internationally qualified, a current teaching license/registration plus a Bachelors degree and teaching qualification. We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive, committed and cooperative team-player, willing to go the extra mile for students and colleagues. In addition to teaching meaningful and enjoyable lessons, all staff are expected to be well organised, take pride in their mentorship and other school duties and be outstanding role models for our students.
Main duties include:
• Provide a stimulating classroom environment for effective teaching and learning
• Monitor progress and effectiveness of class work and evaluate and modify as necessary
• Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom
• Maintain good order and discipline among students, in accordance with the school’s behaviour policies
• Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of students
The subject Art is taught in half class size (16 students) in a fully equipped crafts room.