Teacher, English, Class Teacher
Internationella Engelska Skolan (IES) is a leading independent school group ("friskola") with academic results far above average and a diverse and energetic staff. Teaching is through both Swedish and English, with English the language of the corridors. IES is one of Sweden's largest school groups at "Grundskolan" with 36 schools and around 25,600 students across the country. IES has grown steadily and maintained quality since 1993.
More about the company and its schools can be found at www.engelska.se
About our school:
Internationella Engelska Skolan Bromma (IESB) has been teaching students since 2005. We have about 950 students enrolled from grades 4 to 9, and we pride ourselves on providing an international and stimulating learning environment, where our students succeed and our staff are dedicated, trustworthy and professional. English is the official language in the school and is spoken in the corridors with students.
We are looking for a candidate who is qualified to teach English with a teaching degree/ Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or a Bachelor of Education for grades 4-6. ESL qualifications such as TEFL are not applicable.
You will join a passionate and professional team of teachers at IESB and an English department who are dedicated to working with students and who thrive on seeing them grow in confidence as they learn to master the language. Mentoring and class teacher responsibilities will also be part of the role.
The ideal candidate is:
- A certified teacher for primary school students
- A native English speaker and willing to learn Swedish
- Positive, creative and goal oriented,
- A team player who values collaboration and with others
- A good, if not outstanding, classroom practitioner who has developed a range of classroom management strategies
- Believes in a cross-curricular approach to teaching,
- Interested in teaching in a pedagogic environment with high academic standards.
Apply by emailing a CV and a cover letter in the email subject titled 'Application English teacher 4-6' to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 5th August 2019
Please apply today, as the position can be filled prior to the closing date.