Teacher, Wood / Metal, Ages 10 - 15
Internationella Engelska Skolan (IES) is a leading independent school group ("friskola") with academic results far above average and a diverse and energetic staff. Teaching is through both Swedish and English, with English the language of the corridors. IES is one of Sweden's largest school groups at "Grundskolan" with 37 schools and around 26,800 students across the country. IES has grown steadily and maintained quality since 1993.
More about the company and its schools can be found at www.engelska.se
Internationella Engelska Skolan Uppsala is seeking a qualified Craft/Woodwork teacher to join our teaching team. This is a full time position (100%), including mentorship, permanent with 6 months probation, starting in February 2020.
We require "lärarlegitimation" or if internationally qualified, a current teaching license/registration plus a Bachelors degree and teaching qualification. We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive, committed and cooperative team-player, willing to go the extra mile for students and colleagues. In addition to teaching meaningful and enjoyable lessons, all staff are expected to be well organised, take pride in their mentorship and other school duties and be outstanding role models for our students.
Main duties include:
• Provide a stimulating classroom environment for effective teaching and learning
• Monitor progress and effectiveness of class work and evaluate and modify as necessary
• Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom
• Maintain good order and discipline among students, in accordance with the school’s behaviour policies
• Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of students and mentor students
The subject crafts are taught in half class size (16-17 students) in a fully equipped crafts room.
Dela detta jobb